From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of David McFarlane
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Info Tech Professional Job Opening

Danny,

At 12/10/2008 10:39 AM Wednesday, =?x-mac-roman?Q?Danny_Layne?= wrote:
>All APA Union Members should remember -- since the APA Union
>leaders
negotiated away with the last contract what little
>bumping rights we
previously had -- that a change in an
>on-campus job (even one within our own
union) require ALL APA
>members to undergo a 6-month "trial period" (or
longer if the
>employer deems it necessary). Regardless of the
>employee's
seniority, the APA union member can be laid off for
>little ("doesn't fit")
or no reason (CBA, Article 8, Section
>II). These are important
considerations, given the current
>economic times; multiple long-term APA
Union members have
>already lost their jobs this way since this went into
effect.

Um, this is not an APA message board, please post APA matters on the
APA Discussion Forum, http://www.4msu.com/apa/phpBB3/ .

BTW, what's with all the "
" in there?  You might want to talk to
your IT people and fix up your computer so that it can send properly
formatted e-mail text.

-- dkm

database 3684 (20081211) __________

http://www.eset.com