Folks,

If you do not already know, I am the system administrator for
mail.msu.edu. I want to accomplish a couple of things with this post, so
here goes.

First up, I am trying to build a contact database of people who
specifically manage email on campus. You do not need to make your info
public as I know this is archived and easily accessible; but if you can
email me directly with your name, number, location/building and what
domain you manage I would be incredibly appreciative. If you know your
mail administrator does not read this list, please forward this message
onto them as I am about to provide a little more useful information.

--------
My information is (please run a query on search.msu.edu/people for more
complete information):

Brian Martinez
313 Computer Center
2-5338
--------

Next up! As many of you are acutely aware, we are preparing to roll out
a new web interface, but additionally we are looking to expand upon our
infrastructure. This means that we are adding hosts/IP addresses.
Recently, I noticed that at least one of the new MX boxes we put into
production was winding up on an RBL is subscribed to by both domains
outside our realm of control. Below is a listing of new IP addresses
that we will be adding to our collection of servers. If you have a
method of whitelisting these, it would be *highly* appreciated!

Of course our subnet, if you want to blanket whitelist that is:
35.9.75.0/24  -  mail.msu.edu subnet

New IPs (some reused from years ago):
35.9.75.80
35.9.75.81
35.9.75.82
35.9.75.83
35.9.75.84
35.9.75.99
35.9.75.100
35.9.75.101
35.9.75.101
35.9.75.102
35.9.75.103
35.9.75.104
35.9.75.105
35.9.75.106
35.9.75.107
35.9.75.108
35.9.75.109
35.9.75.110
35.9.75.111
35.9.75.112
35.9.75.113
35.9.75.151
35.9.75.152
35.9.75.153
35.9.75.154
35.9.75.155
35.9.75.156
35.9.75.157
35.9.75.158
35.9.75.159
35.9.75.160
35.9.75.200
35.9.75.201
35.9.75.202
35.9.75.203
35.9.75.204
35.9.75.205
35.9.75.206
35.9.75.207
35.9.75.208
35.9.75.209
35.9.75.210
35.9.75.211
35.9.75.212
35.9.75.213
35.9.75.214
35.9.75.230
35.9.75.231
35.9.75.232
35.9.75.233
35.9.75.234
35.9.75.235
35.9.75.236
35.9.75.237
35.9.75.238
35.9.75.239

Thank you all, I look forward to your responses as I've been wanting to
build this "address book" up for months now!
./brm