Hi,

I have a farmer friend who is interested in scaling up a bit to try to make her full-time living from farming, mostly from a CSA model. She is looking for good accounting/planning methods and ways to keep track of the amounts of crops planted and expected yields for CSA, week by week. She'll have a 1-2 acre intensive veggie farm, at least for the next few years.

My friend is currently looking at paying $25 for a set of excel spreadsheets for sale at this web address: http://www.brookfieldfarm.org/cps.html . She doesn't want to throw her money away, so I am making some inquiries on her behalf.

Has anyone heard of these spreadsheets? Are they any good? Does anyone know of other ways that CSA farmers have reliably kept track of crop yields expected per week and planned accordingly for their seasons?

Thank you,

Stephanie

--
Stephanie P Ogburn, MESc
www.stephaniepaigeogburn.com

*NOTE: The content of this message is private and cannot be quoted without the explicit permission of the author.
If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html