-----Original Message-----
From: GEOEDUCATION RESEARCH INTEREST GROUP
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julie Libarkin
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 3:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: List of MS or PhD programs in Geoscience Education/Geocognition

All:

I am compiling a list of MS or PhD programs in Geoscience Education or
Geocognition to post on my website. I have a list, but I am not
confident that the list is complete nor entirely accurate. I would
appreciate it if you could email me if you have additions or
corrections for this list. Some of these programs are housed in
geoscience departments, some are housed in education departments, and
some are in interdisciplinary institutes. I have not included programs
that more broadly target earth/space/astronomy education on this
specific list as lists of space/astronomy education programs exist
elsewhere. I think the growth of graduate education opportunities in
geosci ed/geocog over the past three years is amazing! Well done,
everyone!

Tentative List of Geoscience Education/Geocognition Programs
*List may not be exhaustive

MS only
Northern Colorado University: Joe Elkins, Steve Anderson
Kansas State University: Iris Totten

MS or PhD (I think)
Michigan State University: Julie Libarkin
North Carolina State University: David McConnell
Western Michigan University: Heather Petcovic
Arizona State University: Steve Semken
Purdue University: Eric Riggs, Dan Shepardson
University of South Florida: Jeff Ryan, Len Vacher
Texas A&M: Bruce Herbert
University of Akron: David Steer

Take care and Happy Holidays!
Julie

Julie Libarkin
Assistant Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Dept. of Geological Sciences & Division of Science and Math Education
Michigan State University
206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824
517-355-8369