Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 05:06:12 -0500
From: Julie Libarkin <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: List of MS or PhD programs in Geoscience Education/Geocognition
To: [log in to unmask]
>All:
>
>I am compiling a list of MS or PhD programs in Geoscience Education or
>Geocognition to post on my website. I have a list, but I am not
>confident that the list is complete nor entirely accurate. I would
>appreciate it if you could email me if you have additions or
>corrections for this list. Some of these programs are housed in
>geoscience departments, some are housed in education departments, and
>some are in interdisciplinary institutes. I have not included programs
>that more broadly target earth/space/astronomy education on this
>specific list as lists of space/astronomy education programs exist
>elsewhere. I think the growth of graduate education opportunities in
>geosci ed/geocog over the past three years is amazing! Well done,
>everyone!
>
>Tentative List of Geoscience Education/Geocognition Programs
>*List may not be exhaustive
>
>MS only
>Northern Colorado University: Joe Elkins, Steve Anderson
>Kansas State University: Iris Totten
>
>MS or PhD (I think)
>Michigan State University: Julie Libarkin
>North Carolina State University: David McConnell
>Western Michigan University: Heather Petcovic
>Arizona State University: Steve Semken
>Purdue University: Eric Riggs, Dan Shepardson
>University of South Florida: Jeff Ryan, Len Vacher
>Texas A&M: Bruce Herbert
>University of Akron: David Steer
>
>Take care and Happy Holidays!
>Julie
>
>Julie Libarkin
>Assistant Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
>Dept. of Geological Sciences & Division of Science and Math Education
>Michigan State University
>206 Natural Science
>East Lansing, MI 48824
>517-355-8369

Eric J. Pyle, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Geology and Environmental Science
James Madison University
MSC 6903
Harrisonburg, VA  22807

540.568.7115
7100A Memorial Hall

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it"

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam