Are they going to be installing software or running as an administrator? If not sounds like the Leopard guest account would be a good way to do that.

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/26/24-hours-of-leopard-guest-user-account/

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cheryl Akers
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Mac clients?

We will be running 2 where each of 25 students will use a Macbook with
pre-installed software but will need to access the internet to do their
assignments.  We would like the Macs to return to a clean disk image after
each class.

It has been suggested that we either:

1) Have the Macs run as clients from a server that will store all the
changes and the data

or

2) Have the Macs boot to a server after class is over to install the
standard image again.

I think the campus computer labs do a combination of 1 and 2 above?

I'm not a Mac person so I'm not sure if other solutions exist - we'd like
to do without a server if possible.

Thoughts?

Suggestion?

Thanks
Cheryl

Cheryl Akers, MS, CNA - [log in to unmask]
Microcomputer Support - Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
2228C Biomedical Physical Sciences
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI  48824

517-884-5298

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes, several days attack me
at once."
Jennifer Unlimited