Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:59:47 -0500
From: Britta Bookhagen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: source of lesson plans for radiometric dating
To: [log in to unmask]
>Hello Teachers
>
>I wanted to alert you to a great source of lesson plans about the
>*history of the earth* and *radiometric dating* for all age-groups on
>the EARTHTIME-webpage at http://earth-time.org/
>The lesson plans were developed by MIT and the Denver National History
>museum, and contain great material to work with. You can go to the
>"Education overview" link to choose between posters, videos and
>curricula/lesson plans for 5-8 grades, 9-10 grade and 10-12 grades. You
>will also find useful time scales and other material to work with.
>For those interested in the posters or the DVD can contact either myself
>([log in to unmask]) or Prof. Sam Bowring ([log in to unmask]) ,
>we will send out DVD's and posters.
>In addition, if someone wants to adopt the 10-12grades lab day lesson
>about radioactive decay ( http://www.earth-time.org/lessonplan.html ),
>the EARTHTME people will prepare kits of materials for help you
>implement the lesson. Again contact either myself or Sam Bowring.
>In addition, we seek your input on this material - does it work for
>you? Is there material you would like to see in addition to this?
>
>Thanks for your feedback,
>
>Britta

Eric J. Pyle, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Geology and Environmental Science
James Madison University
MSC 6903
Harrisonburg, VA  22807

540.568.7115
7100A Memorial Hall

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it"

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam