Source:  49244
Destination:  433

-t

On Oct 22, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Vasquez, Timo wrote:

Yes you did a good job.

It would be interesting if you could use a windows box open a connection,

Then did a netstat ( open a command window – type netstat and hit enter, see what ports are established connections with the program or website.  I know you said it redirects on 443, but I am curious as to source and destination ports are. If you cant tell that is okay.

The outbreak question is just a question to open dialogue on what we would have to do if somehow this program became corrupted or “changed” by a malicious person.

From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Troy D Murray
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] LogMeIn

I'll try to answer your three questions, if I can figure out where they are:

What open ports is this going to create on the local pc/host that will have to be opened perimeter firewalls for both us and off site clients?

On Windows XP and Windows Vista the user is prompted to "unblock" the program, not specific ports.  No ports needed to be opened on any perimeter firewalls that we have tested with thus far, it seems to do the transmission over HTTPS.

This must be a java based app since it can run on just about every platform

Java on Mac and on PC if using FireFox, Safari, but ActiveX on IE, from what I've seen.

How to control an outbreak should this get compromised

I'm not sure I understand which item you referring to being compromised.  The user has to click two different buttons to allow someone remotely to view and or control their system, with the option to end it at anytime.  There is also a semi-transparent dialog that was up during the remote session.  I guess I'm not sure that answers your question as I'm not sure what your question is specifically.

 I am concerned about the “dedicated channels” and always on with PIN control.

After a session is terminated, then the PIN for that session times out and the link cannot be used again.  The support person isn't able to connect to the users session without providing a new URL or PIN code for a new session.

Did I get your questions right and answer them based on my experience with it.

-t