George,

Your probably right, I just don't care for it when I don't have the option to decide if I want those things.  Perhaps if the option was available, those things we don't normally see would be clearly seen.

-t

On Oct 5, 2008, at 1:24 PM, George Haddad wrote:

I would bet that there IS a lot that the MEA does for us that we do not normally see. And in unions, having an affiliation with a LARGE one is USUALLY to one's advantage.

Bosman, Don wrote:
We currently pay $54.00 per month. "Commencing with the October 31
paycheck, dues will need to be accessed at a flat rate fee of $60.00 per
month for each FTE"...   page 1
There is a lot of MEA provides this and that and several other things in
the newsletter which conveniently overlooks the fact that MEA actually
gives us nothing. APA members will now be paying the MEA over a million
dollars a year.
Don

-----Original Message-----
From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of David McFarlane
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 5:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] APA raise

Matt,

I know that this is a IT list but most of you are APA members and I just got my special edition of the APA newsletter and could not believe what I was reading. They want to increase our dues $72 per

year.

Sorry, I don't know where I put my APA newsletter, so I can't look this up myself:  So, we will have to pay $6/month more than we do now?  What are the current monthly dues, and what will the monthly dues be after the increase?

Thanks,
-- dkm

--
Troy Murray