We haven't had this issue with any of our M1530, but it does sound like it's a bad/loose connector.  Here's a link to the manuals for the M1530, which should have the information you are looking for: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xpsM1530/en/index.htm

Stephen Bogdanski
Network Services
College of Veterinary Medicine
Michigan State University

>>> Lee Duynslager <[log in to unmask]> 10/20/2008 11:18 AM >>>
Does anybody have XPS M1530 Laptop out there and have you had problems with
the display?

One of my users bought one of these from dell outside of the university, she
didn't know about price matching, she has a warranty on it, but the support
that she's has with dell via this purchase is from overseas, they are just
reading from scripts and  the support is really bad, so I figured that I
would ask on the list.

The problem we're having with this computer is that the color of the display
changes based upon the tilting of the lcd flat panel.

My experience indicates it is likely the display cable or connector is
loose.

When we opened the case and looked for the ribbon cable end for the display
it didn't have a ribbon cable running from the display to the Motherboard it
had a a bundle of conductors in a wire mesh.

Have any of you had this same problem with any of your XPS M 1530.

Is there a connector we can reseat?

LD