Unfortunately no other outlet exists...  Leo sent the following to this list earlier today...

For reference Bob Kriegel wrote----
Opps, you are correct Matt.  The appropriate list you can submit to is [log in to unmask]
------/

Later Leo Sell writes in response to Bob K----
Folks, that list [referring to [log in to unmask]] hasn't been active for a number of years. Maury's membership meeting announcement from last night requests that further concerns be directed to any APA Exec board member. I would note that for the most part, any official responses regarding Association business would come from the Chair or Vice-Chair.
-------/

I have also been informed by Maury Koffman, our Chairperson that the Executive board of the APA is not interested in providing a means for members to discuss union issues, and it seems he is not interested in pushing the issue...

Maury Koffman Writes----
The issue of communication is continually addressed.  We review the effectiveness of the ListServ messages, the news letter (both in hard copy or if we went electronic), the usage of the APA website and other alternatives not in place.  While face-to-face still seems to be the most personable way to communicate with members, it is not possible given the number of members, size of campus, differing schedules, and other dynamics.
Pointedly, the issue of an open ListServ was raised most recently at the July meeting and the eBoard elected to take no action from the current state.
-------/

So unfortunately this seems to be the only outlet that APA members have to discuss things since (in my opinion) the board and chairperson are not interested in creating an open forum on which all members can easily communicate with one another.  While this is not directly related to network administration, most network administrators are a member of this union and therefore I would find it at least a little relevant.

Ehren J. Benson, MCSE
Windows Systems Administrator

517-884-5469