Many of the issues discussed in the last few days have been taken up this year by the APA Watchgroup. While not a member of this group myself I have supported some of their positions regarding these issues.

Last year at the annual meeting in November the members exercised their APA constitutional right to bring up a motion that would call the APA board to accountability on finances. Then Chairman Sell declared that our publicized annual meeting was really an "informational session" and therefore members had no rights to place a motion on the table. I hope that under a new chair such shameful actions will not occur.

I am an APA member in good standing and I support the APA/MEA. I just want accountability, transparency and democracy. MVK

On Oct 8, 2008, at 8:34 AM, MSUNAG automatic digest system wrote:

Date:    Wed, 8 Oct 2008 07:54:26 -0400
From:    "Kwiatkowski, Nicholas" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: APA raise

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9293C.9CC78D40

Ehren et. all,
=20
Yesterday evening I attended one of the informational sessions that the =
APA hosted in Com Arts regarding the increase.  There were something =
like 5 or 6 of us there.  While we didn't really get any straight =
answers as to the increase, but we did get the following (this quote is =
as close as I was able to short hand it down)

Technology Coordinator and
Language Laboratory Manager
Language Learning Center
Michigan State University
Rm. 131 Old Horticulture Bldg.
East Lansing, MI 48824
517-355-8375 Phone
517-432-5246 Fax

Language Lab Rm. 141 Old Horticulture Bldg.
Hours of Operation Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 am - 4:30 p.m.
Sunday 12 noon - 9 p.m.