From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Loomis
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 9:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] APA raise

So, if 100% of our dues goes to MEA/NEA, then all you need is to how MEA/NEA spends the money.
http://www.mea.org/finance/pdf/2006-07duesbreakdown.pdf (I know it's old, but probably has not changed much.)
http://www.mea.org/finance/dues_determination.html

I've only been doing this union stuff for a year, but by being active and listening I've found out that the above information is all they have.  Imagine if MEA had to break down their expenditures to report how much they helped each local like MSU APA,  although it seems that the MSU specific portion is what most of you are asking for.  Inconceivable, but still troubling.

Here's the start of your chart, collected from HR and NAG posts:
Clerical Technical (CTU)                                                 2hr/mo
Administrative Prof Assn (APA)                                 $60/mo
Admin Prof Supervisory Assn (APSA)                      $15/mo
Service Maintenance AFSCME (1585)                      2hr/mo
Skilled Trades AFSCME (999)                                       2hr/mo
Confidential (CONF)
Nurses (NURS)
Police Officers (FOP)                                                      2hr/mo
Police Sergeant (FOP)                                                    2hr/mo
Operating Engineers IUOE (547)                                $56/mo
Residence Life (RES)
Theater/Stage IATSE (274)

BTW, if our dues were a percentage of our salary, the MEA would have incentive to bargain for as much increase in salary as possible (at the cost of other benefits?).

Matt beat me to, The "Business of the APA Union" (APA-MEA) mailing list (announcement only)".
Michael Loomis
Network Security, ATS