From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David McFarlane
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 2:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] APA raise

[Oops, almost did it again.  Darned if I can remember to use "Reply
All" every time, this is completely opposite to the behavior of every
other mailing list I subscribe to, but oh well.]

At 10/7/2008 02:37 PM Tuesday, Timo wrote:
>what I have seen so far the only way to be active is to be a board
>member of the union or a body member... pretty big gap of duties,
>and position of influence.

Where I come from, "active" includes just showing up as a rank and
file member to meetings, and nothing stops any of us from that.  To
that end, let me remind everyone that we have a brown bag annual
membership meeting in the Spartan rooms of the International Center
on Tuesday, 14 Oct 2008.  The rooms will open at 11:30a with the
meeting agenda to commence at noon.  I know all this, and I do not
even hold an office in the union.  What's stopping you?

-- dkm