Hostexplorer will eventually seize up and stop working and it's a
behemoth to download and install (not sure why).  I've had no problems
with it though if you install it with a shared profile, as opposed to
individual profiles.  The built in update mechanism does not work, and
MSU has provided the same version for years.

I suspect though that it'll all be web based soon anyway, so the point
may be moot.