Encryption is something that I have been thinking about for a while now
and a lot of the solutions that I have seen are extremely user
unfriendly, very costly,  and sometimes has little management features
OR if you look at free solutions there is usually no management of keys
which could be tricky when keys are lost or passwords are forgotten.

Protecting data through encryption is a great way to go, we all can
agree there but as that data moves from servers to laptops and/ or to
other mobile devices, it can become exposed.

Is anyone encrypting their file servers? If so what are you using?
What about email? Not only on the servers but what about on the
desktops?
Is anyone encrypting their laptops' hard drives?

Firmin Charlot, MCSE, A+, Information Systems Manager
Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Services
Educational and Support Services   162 Student Services Building   East
Lansing, MI 48824
[log in to unmask] <blocked::mailto:[log in to unmask]>   (517) 432-7541
Submit technical requests at http://help.ess.msu.edu/
<blocked::http://help.ess.msu.edu/>