With the implementation of vista coming to desktops (ultimate and Enterprise for sure) will have Bit locker as part of the o/s.  Until then I have been using truecrypt for my xp machines.  I have not done so on 2k or 2k3 servers from fear of performance hits with back ups on those nodes.  There are few pitfalls, but losing your decryption password/key is the biggest concern… with any encryption.  I love Biometric options myself to secure machines, but encryption is apples and I just brought up an Orange.

Have a good day Firm.

           Timoteo "Timo" Vasquez - AIS

     Departmental Systems and Services

[log in to unmask] - 353.4420 Ext.249