I think I'd rather be happy with the product than the company, as
opposed to the other way around.  AVG is not the product it was, sadly,
and I use AVAST for personal consultations for those desiring free anti
virus.  I don't particularly enjoy dealing with MSU's reseller of NOD32
(corrupt license keys, etc), but it happens so infrequently I'll deal
with them.

That being said, NOD32 doesn't catch nearly as much as it should, and
has had some frustrating problems in the past with the roll out of the
new version 3, including hard lockups of Windows Servers, with no event
log entries.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88
http://osblues.com/2008/06/03/avg-destroys-web-analytics/