At 9/16/2008 11:17 AM Tuesday, Jon Galbreath wrote:
>I've never had an issue with Eset.  Perhaps you could describe your
>"bad" experience?

Since you asked...  Here is the message that I sent to ESET.  I
should preface this by saying this was not a purchase for MSU, but
for a nonprofit that I help out:

-----------------
After over 10 minutes, still waiting on hold, so thought I might as
well reply to this [i.e., their earlier e-mail].  This is probably
the last time I will purchase your product, I think I will switch to
AVG Antivirus for my customers.  I like your product a lot, but your
business practices are lousy:

1) After purchase, I get my purchase confirmation e-mail, which says
I will receive a registration message "within approximately 1
hour".  12 hours later, still no registration message.

2) Go to check my account online.  The web site shows that I have
made NO transactions.  Now I get worried.

3) Go to submit a request to Customer Care online.  Enter a lengthy
explanation of problems, and enter "USA" for Country.  But when I
click Submit, I just get the error "Please enter value(s) for:
Country".  So keep track here:  So far, I cannot get my registration
info, my account shows no transactions, and I cannot even contact
Customer Care online about this.

4) Fortunately, you do at least still provide phone numbers (albeit
not toll free).  Phone customer care, which at least gets me my
registration info, but now I am concerned about the online issues, so
customer care transfers me to sales/billing.  And that turns into an
overly long hold on the telephone.

5) The final straw:  Your telephone hold music hurts my ears!!  It is
loud and harsh, and the lyrics positively inane.  I assume this is to
make me give up, and it will work.

It will also make you lose me as a customer.

-- David McFarlane
-----------------

I now have another chapter in this saga.  I received an e-mail reply
to this, saying, "We tried to contact you via phone today but were
unable to reach you [I had left for work by then]. Please contact us
as soon as possible at 1-866-343-3738..."  So I called.  Of course, I
had no instructions about where to go in their phone tree, so I
punched 0 and got the receptionist.  I explained that I was just
returning a call, and I had a case number, but none of that did any
good.  The receptionist had absolutely no idea how to forward my
call, even though *they* had asked me to call *them*!  So I left a
message to have her supervisor call me (the supervisor was
conveniently out), and we will see if there is another chapter.

Sorry to bore you with this, but you asked :).

-- dkm