I just saw Capital Macintosh the other day and they do warranty work.
http://capmac.net/

It might be less downtime or a faster turn-around. I have never dealt with
them, but they are just down on michigan ave.

Most small shops will list xxx per hour bench fee plus parts, just
in case the repair is NOT covered by warranty. I had a logic board that
needed to be replaced, and I had to have a hold on my credit card, until
the repair was cleared by the warranty coverage. I didn't end up paying
anything, but they did have my money to cover their costs through the
duration.

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University