On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Brian Martinez wrote:

> Charlie Ruggiero wrote:
> [snip]
> > Are the MSU DNS servers patched to prevent this problem?  I have users
> > asking about it.  I could not find any information about this vulnerability
> > on the ATS site.
>
> This was actually brought up a few weeks ago:
> http://list.msu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0807&L=msunag&T=0&P=2274
>
> or here:  http://forums.msu.edu/showthread.php?t=99
>
> You can bet that the main DNS server on campus is patched.

Also see:

http://www.servicestatus.msu.edu/status_history.php?id=2426

to see that ATS did do the maintenance on their DNS servers.

Joe Besko                      Phone:        517.432.5335
Systems Programmer             Fax:          517.353.9847
Michigan State University      E-mail:       jbesko(a)msu.edu
313 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042