I took the liberty of forwarding this request from the Michigan
Farmers Market list to the Michigan Organic listserv.

If you respond, please copy [log in to unmask] because I'm not sure
he has subscribed to the organic list yet.

Thanks,

Susan Smalley

>Date:         Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:01:22 -0500
>Sender:       Michigan Farmers' Market Managers <[log in to unmask]>
>From:         DAVID BAKER <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Question about row bed size
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>

>My wife and I are just now converting a former cash crop property that
>has been lying fallow since 1982 (no chemicals!) to begin producing
>farmer market & CSA vegetables.  We're looking at equipment -
>primarily a tractor - to assist us in typical ways but feel we have to
>lock down row bed width and extent of build up due to the influence of
>this on tractor size (distance between tires and height/clearance).
>I'm assuming in advance that this list is comprised of primarily
>farmer market managers, so my apologies in advance if I'm posing this
>to the wrong group.  Is there anyone having thoughts on the above?
>
>Thanks
>David B.

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html