Tim:

We have been using Transana for qualitative analysis of audio and video.

http://www.transana.org/

It comes from WCER at U-W Madison.

Runs on both PC and Mac.  They have both single user, stand alone versions
and multi-user client/server versions.  We use the multi-user version that
allows multiple researchers to store audio/video and transcripts and share
coding schemes. Pricing is very attractive.

They are having a training session at U-W end of this month (see below)
which would be a good way to see if it meets your needs. The lead developer,
David Woods, is available for on-site training.

If you can convince your users to switch, I'd recommend dumping NVivo as I
think it is highly overrated.

Mark

Mark Urban-Lurain, Ph.D.
Director of Instructional Technology Research & Development
Division of Science and Mathematics Education
College of Natural Science Michigan State University

111 N. Kedzie Lab           Voice: (517) 432-2152 x 119
East Lansing, MI  48824     Fax:   (517) 432-5653

[log in to unmask]               www.msu.edu/~urban