Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 13:43:41 -0400
From: Helen King <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Geoscience Education Research Info Request
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi everyone,

I have been invited to participate in a panel discussion at a
workshop conducted by the National Academies’ Board on Science Education
at the end of June. I’ve been asked to provide a brief presentation
summarizing the major findings from geoscience education research and
identifying directions for future research (see messages below).

Whilst I feel I have a reasonable perspective on these things
myself, it would be great to know that I’m appropriately representing the
community of geoscience education researchers. So I’d really welcome your
ideas and comments under each of these headings:

1)
Summarize the major findings from discipline-based education
research in your discipline (geosciences).

2)
Identify the most promising or important directions for future
research.

Thanks very much for your help and hope to see you all at GSA in
October!

All the best,

Helen

Dr Helen King NTF FSEDA

Helen King Consultancy

Personal & Professional Development in Higher Education

http://www.helenkingconsultancy.com

Tel: (001) 703 505 3358