    Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 13:43:41 -0400
    From: Helen King
    Subject: Geoscience Education Research Info
    Request
    To: [log in to unmask]

    Hi everyone,

    I have been invited to participate in a panel
    discussion at a
    workshop conducted by the National Academies’
    Board on Science Education
    at the end of June. I’ve been asked to provide a
    brief presentation
    summarizing the major findings from geoscience
    education research and
    identifying directions for future research (see
    messages below).

    Whilst I feel I have a reasonable perspective on
    these things
    myself, it would be great to know that I’m
    appropriately representing the
    community of geoscience education researchers. So
    I’d really welcome your
    ideas and comments under each of these headings:

    1)
    Summarize the major findings from discipline-based
    education
    research in your discipline (geosciences).

    2)
    Identify the most promising or important
    directions for future
    research.

    Thanks very much for your help and hope to see you
    all at GSA in
    October!

    All the best,

    Helen

    Dr Helen King NTF FSEDA

    Helen King Consultancy

    Personal & Professional Development in Higher
    Education

    http://www.helenkingconsultancy.com

    Tel: (001) 703 505 3358