Hi All

We've been trying to identify a minimum standard of GIS we believe that
al students should have for different levels of education. We'd like to
open up the debate and to get your opinions on this.

The documents we created are at the new HERODOT Network Google Group -
http://groups.google.com/group/herodot-net

Please feel free to join and participate in the debate.

We are trying to establish some international standards which can be
used for lobbying to promote (and in some countries to keep) Geography
in the high school curriculuim and to enhance the employability of our
Geography graduates and the quality of teacher ed at university level.
Thus we have written a summary of learning outcomes for the end of the
stage of study and some draft learning outcomes. So not a 'Body of
Knowledge' more a charter for what every student should get....

Look forward to your opinions and ideas.

Best Wishes

Karl Donert
Liverpool Hope University

“Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert
integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers,
the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Sir Cecil
Beaton
"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made
them feel." Carl W. Buechner

HERODOT supports Geographers in higher education http://www.herodot.net
EUROGEO links European Geography teacher associations
http://www.eurogeo.org
The Big Hope is our event for the Capital of Culture 2008
http://www.hope.ac.uk/thebighope/

Karl Donert
National Teaching Fellow
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy