 Good point. I like push.

-----Original Message-----
From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Surato, Michael S.
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] forums.msu.edu

Which brings up the old argument of push vs. pull. If I have to go to a site
and login to get involved in the conversation (pull), I am less likely to do
it. However, if I get the conversation in my e-mail, and can respond (push),
then it fits into my work flow better, and am more likely to do it. RSS
could also fit into my existing workflow (assuming reply does not involve
much effort). However, if it is not available, then there is the issue
again.

|            Michael Surato                 |
|      College of Arts and Letters          |
|      Michigan State University            |
|            320 Linton Hall                |
|        East Lansing, MI 48824             |
| Voice: (517) 353-0778 Fax: (517) 355-0159 |