I have a user running Windows Vista.  As with all our staff, this user's desktop is being redirected to a share on a server.  There is a folder on the desktop named "new folder" that she can't delete.  When she attempts to do so, the error she receives is"This operation can only be performed when you are connected to the network.".  In reality, she is connected to the network, but the odd thing is that "new folder" appears to be a phantom.  In other words, if I look at the properties of the object on her desktop, it's location points to our server share; However, if I look at her desktop folder on the server, "new folder" doesn't exist.

Any ideas as to what might be going on and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli

Michigan State University

Information Technologist

http://www.rcpd.msu.edu

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities

120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI 48824-1033

517-884-1915

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3050 (20080423) __________

http://www.eset.com