You can also check CDWG.com for tapeware/yosemite licenses. Lots of
people around campus deal with cdw.

-----Original Message-----
From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Peter Cole
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Alternatives to Backup Exec?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I am waiting to hear back on
Commvault
and in the mean time have talked to Yosemite about Yosemite Backup
(formerly
Tapeware as I understand it).  If their software is as good as has been
suggested and does what I need it to do then I am fairly excited the
prospect of using it.

They don't offer educational discounts, but their licensing is pretty
affordable for what it is.  $1,249 for a perpetual license covering an
unlimited number of Windows servers and all of my workstations.  That's
pretty sweet deal.  I even asked the rep I talked to if he would repeat
that
for me.  I am also communicating with Symantec but Backup Exec will have
work hard to blow me away.  The price for three servers alone is over
$1,300.

---
Peter Cole
Information Technologist