Tapeware

-----Original Message-----
From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Peter Cole
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Alternatives to Backup Exec?

Long story short, I am in a position where I need to purchase new backup
software for my four Windows 2003 servers.  I first looked to Backup
Exec since it is listed on the Computer Stores website and am trying to
get Symantec to provide me with more product information and help me
find out what I really need but this is proving... difficult.  I guess
they don't want my money.  This, in combination with less than favorable
past experience with Backup Exec, made me wonder what alternatives are
out there and what is worth considering.

Does anyone have any thoughts that they would like to share?  The only
thing that will be backed up will be these four servers.

Thanks,

- P

---

Peter Cole