Peter,
I agree with you. It is really difficult to get started with Backup
Exec. It gets confusing and the paper work is insane. I did it only
because I took over a license and hardware that I inherited and had to
make work.

Now, I have to say this: once you are setup, Backup Exec is really
sweet. I have it running since about three years ago and it works very
well. I forget about the thing, come back weeks later and I always have
the backup that I need.

Tech support in the phone is also great.

I would be happy to help you to get started if you want to pursuit.
Somebody here in the NAG list helped me to get started three years ago.
I guess I should pay forward.

oscar

--
Oscar Castaneda