We have used Commvault's Galaxy backup software for several years and
have been nothing but pleased with it's performance.  MSU also just
penned a licensing agreement with Commvault that offers very large
discounts to MSU colleges and departments.
--

Stephen Bogdanski
Network Support

>>> On 4/15/2008 at 3:24 PM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Are you looking to backup to tape or disk or use both in a staging
> backup?
> Do you need to do archiving of your data?
>
> The other "alternative" I've used is Acronis TrueImage Server on a
> system that only needs to have 30 days worth of backups.
>
> -t
>

> On Apr 15, 2008, at 3:22 PM, Peter Cole wrote:
>> Long story short, I am in a position where I need to purchase new
>> backup software for my four Windows 2003 servers.  I first looked to

>> Backup Exec since it is listed on the Computer Stores website and am

>> trying to get Symantec to provide me with more product information

>> and help me find out what I really need but this is proving…
>> difficult.  I guess they don’t want my money.  This, in
combination
>> with less than favorable past experience with Backup Exec, made me

>> wonder what alternatives are out there and what is worth
considering.