Sentinel authentication already uses ssl when the user is prompted for
an MSU NetID and password. If the app is using the service correctly,
it should take them to login.msu.edu (which is secure), authenticate
them and then send them back to the application with the proper
credentials. All this is done securely and it shouldn't matter if the
application itself is hosted under ssl. As far as I know, after the
initial authentication no other personal data is sent via insecure
methods. Are my assumptions wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff Siarto
CAS IT Office