We reinstall all desktops and laptops from our own images - I don't want any extra crud.

I reinstall all servers from scratch - I don't like the default partitioning.  Plus I want to make sure that I actually have all necessary drivers to reinstall a server from scratch in a no-stress situation.  It's much easier to make sure that an external USB floppy drive works as well as the floppies with a 3rd party RAID controller driver when I'm not dealing with a department frantic to get their computer life back.   ;^)

 ~ Esther

From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charlot, Firmin
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 2:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Personal devices and MSU PCs

 [snip]

I am curious to find out what others do with new machines.  Do you keep the installations from the factory or do you rebuild from your own in-house computer image?

Firmin Charlot, MCSE, A+, Information Systems Manager
Educational and Support Services   162 Student Services Building   East Lansing, MI 48824
[log in to unmask]  (517) 432-7541
Submit technical requests at
http://help.ess.msu.edu/

 [snip]