This is in from a farmer in Indiana expressing some of her concerns with
the hope for local and organic but not seeing the supply and the
availability step up to meet the demand, Phyllis Bergiel. Maybe
collectively we can come up with some solutions. I especially agree with
the need to find other distribution means than Sat farmer only Farmers
market. I think the source purchasing is great but we must be realistic
too and don't want to see our farmers burn out.

On the near retirement note I hope that farmers are seeking young
entrepreneurial entering farmers to shadow them and work out a plan to
invest in the existing structure to hopefully buy it out or at least co
manage. This would train upcoming ones and in some circumstances create
a relationship between the experienced and less experienced farmer to
continue the farm and allow the less experienced farmer to obtain
excellent training.