Dear colleagues Greetings from Liverpool, UK. Two items here: 1. We announce a second Call for abstracts. The HERODOT network will hold a conference at Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool, UK between 4-7 September 2008 as part of the celebration of the Liverpool as the European Capital of Culture. The conference theme is Future Prospects for Geography. Future Prospects is a conference for all those interested in Geography, geographical education (and related areas) and the work of geographers. Web site: http://www.herodot.net/conferences/liverpool/HERODOT- liverpool2008.html 2. The HERODOT Network You are also invited to join HERODOT, the thematic network for Geography in higher education. We have more than 200 universities teacher training organisations, NGOs, associations, companies and geography-related organisations as members worldwide. Membership is free :-) Membership details at: http://www.herodot.net/membership.htm Hope to welcome you to Liverpool later in the year Karl Donert (National Teaching Fellow) Liverpool Hope University