Hi-The following is an announcement of two recently approved TA/RA positions
for new  graduate students in our MS program in Environmental Sciences at
the University of New Haven. Would you please forward it to anyone you think
might be interested in it or pass it along to any colleagues who might know
of a prospective student Thanks! I apologize for cross-postings but I wanted
to cast as wide a net as possible.

Larry Davis

Teaching and Research Assistantships-Environmental Sciences
University of New Haven

We have openings for two graduate assistantship positions in Environmental
Sciences at the University of New Haven. One of these is a teaching
assistantship and the other is a research assistantship. These
assistantships will support two full-time students in our M.S. in
Environmental Science graduate program. The preferred start is
mid-September, 2006, but we will consider someone for a January start also.
Research work will involve at least one of the following (studentıs choice):
karst hydrology or ecotourism development on San Salvador Island, Bahamas,
development of experiential/environmental education programs for adults and
children which focus on geological topics. Teaching duties include assisting
with introductory environmental science laboratories and field courses,
assisting with geology courses, and assisting with other environmental
science courses. Environmental Sciences at the University of New Haven are
field based and applied. We have a wide range of equipment and a
state-of-the-art GIS laboratory. Candidates for these positions should have
an undergraduate degree (or minor) in geology or physical geography. For the
research assistant position, some GIS is a plus. For more information please
go to the Universityıs web site <www.newhaven.edu> <%3Cwww.newhaven.edu%3E>
the Graduate Program on Environmental Scienceıs home page at
<http://qrwgis.newhaven.edu/QRWweb/graduate.htm> and the San Salvador Island
field station (Gerace Research Centre) http://www.geraceresearchcentre.com.
If interested in either position, please contact Dr. R. Laurence Davis,
Professor of Earth and Environmental Sciences via email at

R. Laurence Davis, Ph.D.
Professor of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Department of Biology and Environmental Sciences
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, Connecticut 06516
Office: 203-932-7108    Fax: 203-931-6097