Glenn-this is wonderful. May I have permission to use it in my classes?

Thanks,
Larry Davis

On 3/26/08 08:28, "Glenn Dolphin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Good morning.
>
> I teach Earth Science in upstate New York and every year as we do the
> unit on WED, I complete a mural on the front board ustilizing humor and
> graphical models of some of the major concepts.  It seems to be a very
> effective strategy for my 9th grade classes.  They like the visual
> nature, and although some of the humor escapes them...most of it gets
> through.
>
> It has been evolving over the years, and I have received many parts as
> ideas from students...and if you can get them to come up with ideas,
> which work, then you know their understanding must be pretty good.
> Mission accomplished.  I offer it to this group for your enjoyment, use,
> comments.
>
> My favorite part is near the bottom...The rocktafarians...part of the
> reggae list.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> Best regards,
>
> flipper
> Earth Science teacher
> Earth Science DAL
> Union - Endicott High School
> Endicott, New York
>
> "Anyone can slay a dragon," he told me,
> "but try waking up every morning and loving the world all over again.
>
> That's what takes a real hero."
> Brian Andreas

R. Laurence Davis, Ph.D.
Professor of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Department of Biology and Environmental Sciences
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, Connecticut 06516
Office: 203-932-7108    Fax: 203-931-6097