Call for Laptops for Wireless Test

On Thursday, February 7, 2008, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ACNS will be conducting a SECOND TEST of new wireless technology from three vendors. If you have a laptop with a wireless card, could you help us by coming to the Computer Center Auditorium (on the fourth floor in room 402) on Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 8:30 A.M.? Donuts, pastries, coffee, and juice will be served!

The previous test conducted on Friday, November 16, 2007, was inconclusive with each vendor performing below desired specifications. If you would like copies of the complete report from November’s test, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask].

The more people we have testing the system during this second test, the greater the opportunity to address any challenges the system may incur on a broader scale. Ideally, we would like to have 100 people participate. It is important to meet in the Computer Center Auditorium for this test as we are specifically testing for high user density. Be sure to charge your laptop before coming since the number of electrical outlets in this room is limited.

PLEASE REPLY via e-mail to [log in to unmask] or by calling (517) 432-2936 if you are available to help.

Thank you,

Lih-Er Wey
Network Management
Academic Computing & Network Services