From: Elizabeth Shadman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 1:53:25 PM
Subject: Re: Geology text or lab text

Hi Ann,

How are you? I took a look at your (free!) course material...and I plan to use some of it to jazz-up my own moon activity. Thanks-

Elizabeth

On Jan 25, 2008, at 8:00 AM, Bykerk-Kauffman, Ann wrote:

Hi Buffy,

For the lecture part of the course, I suggest taking a look at The Good Earth: Introduction to Earth Science, by McConnell and others.

For the lab, you may wish to check out my (free!) course packet designed for a college-level earth science course for future elementary school teachers. It is available at http://serc.carleton.edu/teacherprep/courses/CSUC-EarthSpace.html under Teaching Materials. It features a variety of constructivist hands-on lab activities.

Ann Bykerk-Kauffman
Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences
California State University, Chico
Chico, CA  95929-0205