On Dec 14, 2007, at 10:50 AM, Harper, Chris wrote:

> Why would it require a PID or a zPID? I see no use for that data for
> SWAP type system. MSU NetID is unique enough…

If we integrated MSU auth with SWAP, we would be use the UUID as the
foreign key in the system (everyone has one, they are guaranteed to be
unique in time and space, and they never go away).

NetID on the other hand doesn't have any of those properties.  The
person would *LOGIN* with their NetID likely through shibboleth, then
the attributes of UUID, name, affiliation, or whatever else we need
would be released to SWAP on a per-visit basis.

./mk
--
Matt Kolb  <[log in to unmask]>
Academic Computing & Network Services