Troy,

What I mentioned was PHPbb3 (version 3).  This is an option that's on
the same functional level of Vbulletin, however offers (I think) more
features both for administrators, moderators and users.  Of course the
other benefit is it is open source.  It also has built in LDAP and other
directory connect ability.  As I mentioned RC8 of it just came out
December 1, so the full version should be available sometime late this
month or in January.

I would love to see a forum at least spring out of this that may be a
bit more user friendly than an email list, and given the fact that
something of its nature is fairly simple to get going that even if it's
not the top rank could rank high in the ease of implementation.

I too was surprised that there were so many "other" votes and not many
"other" options brought forward when the floor was opened up.

/Ehren

Ehren J. Benson, MCSE

Windows Systems Administrator

517-355-9200 x2569