Sharon,

Dept: Psychology

VISTA:  All new systems come with Vista, unless user specifically requires
XP.  Existing computers will NOT be upgraded.

Office 2007:  Yes, for new installations.  I always then immediately set the
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint defaults to use the old file formats, to spare
me any incompatibility headaches -- our users cannot expect that their
collaborators elsewhere (or even themselves at home) will have the
compatibility packs installed.

Editorial comment:  I switched myself to Vista on the Technical Shop PC.
After a few months of usage, I can say that I really like most of the design
goals of Vista and look forward to its adoption in the long run, but I am
disappointed with its current performance and stability.  I would advise
everyone to avoid Vista until Microsoft finishes writing it.

 -- dkm
 ---
David McFarlane, Systems Designer
Dept. Psychology