Don:

I just had a thought (a rare occurrence which I feel the need to share). We recently started a national geoscience education research listserve, and I think there would be interest in your proposed work. Most entry-level geology courses are general education, whether they are listed under the general education program or not; geology introductory courses are generally no more than 5-10% geology majors. If you need to get more letters of support, you might want to send a message to the listserve: [log in to unmask]

Take care
Julie

Julie Libarkin
Assistant Professor
Department of Geological Sciences & Division of Science and Mathematics Education (DSME)
Michigan State University
206 Natural Science Building
East Lansing, MI 48824-1115

[Primary Phone in Geological Sciences: (517) 355-8369]
[Secondary Phone in DSME: (517)432-2152, ext. 161]