From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Lounds, Victor
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Disclaimer Messages

I'll try to keep this message short, sweet and coherent.  Is there any
type of template that MSU uses as a disclaimer message for all
workstations/servers that are owned by MSU?  In corporate world
typically when you log onto a computer there is a logon banner message
which basically says...

"this computer is owned by Michigan State University, blah blah blah,
don't do bad stuff, blah blah blah"...?

Considering that this campus is a supporter of "academic freedom" I know
this could be a touchy subject :-), but at the same time I don't want a
hacker to "own" the computer or the data that he or she could be storing
on it.  This might even be a question to post to the lawyers.  Doug
suggested that I ask around so this is probably a good start.

VL