From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Matthew Farra
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 3:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] IIS6 initial setup problems

We have been having issues with IIS6 on Windows Server 2003.  After
adding IIS to a Server 2003 machine, accessing any web pages on the
server from a browser generates this error:

"HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid
credentials."

After a lot of searching around, it appears that IIS6 is locked down out
of the box in some way.  Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

The 401.1 error seems to come when accessing any type of file, be it
html, asp, etc.

Thanks,

Matt

--