On Nov 9, 2007, at 9:05 PM, Javier Ornelas wrote:

> I have a lab that is made up of 3 Mac’s that aren’t networked
> together at this time, but would like to use a new Dell PC as a
> fileserver for all 3 Mac’s.  Anyone have any advice for setting this
> up?  The Mac’s are about 1 year old (PowerPC’s) running OSX
> (10.4.x)  The Dell is brand new.  They were thinking of using Folder
> Share, but were asking if this is the best way to go without
> spending much money.  If software is needed for this to happen, they
> are willing to purchase it.

I would probably install Solaris 10 or an OpenSolaris distribution (or
some other *nix variant of your choice) on the Dell, and export the
data via NFS.  OS X has no problem mounting NFS.

Of course there are many, many options besides this, but this is
probably what I would do.

./mk

--
Matt Kolb  <[log in to unmask]>