Thanks so much Troy for your help.  I appreciate it.

Javier

From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Troy Murray
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 9:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Windows and Mac file sharing for small lab

Javier,

What you describe is easy to do (in fact I connect to the HIT file server from my Mac without special software).  Share the folder on the Windows system, go to the Mac, in the Finder (will show in the top left corner, if not, click on a blank area of the desktop) then go to the "Go" menu, select "Connect to server...." and type in the address of the shared folder in the format of protocol + :// + server + file path.  So to connect to my personal space on the HIT file server I use smb://team-user2/murrayt5 which prompts me for my network logon and password, then "mounts" the shared folder on the Mac.  That's it.

-t