The answer is no.  The suggestions offered either did not work, or they
were no improvement over what we already had.  As some of you may know,
it is possible ACNS to tweak an individual account, thereafter
preventing user configuration of SPAM processing.  Tweaking is not a
good option for us since multiple accounts may need the modification.

However, ACNS is considering making SPAM processing the default in a new
system, and "insert ***SPAM***  in subject line", "Move to SPAM box" and
"Block SPAM" would just be options in addition to "SPAM processing enabled".

Thanks,
-Stefan