If you want to leave your new server as-is, and not route mail through
your Internet Mail Connector, then you should make sure that there are
good DNS records for your new server, including matching A and PTR
records (generally guaranteed when we add a DNS entry to the central
servers), plus an MX reference of some sort to your new server.  The
latter will ensure that your mail server is whitelisted on the central
mail system.

I think most everyone here knows this already, but you can request
updates to the central DNS by e-mailing "[log in to unmask]".

Doug

--

Doug Nelson, Network Manager		 |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Computing and Network Services	 |  Ph: (517) 353-2980